Hidden in plain sight on the doorstep to Melbourne’s CBD, The Glasshouse is an architectural masterpiece designed for events of any size and style. Each space holds a varying amounts of guests:
– The Event Space – Cocktail Parties for up to 1000 pax, seated events with a dancefloor 400 pax, seated events without a dancefloor 500 pax. The Event Space is also equipped with an operable wall that can divide the room into two spaces for more intimate events. The larger half has 350 person capacity seated no dancefloor, 250 seated with dancefloor, 700 pax cocktail style. The smaller half has 150 capacity seated no dancefloor, 110 capacity seated with dancefloor, 300 pax cocktail.
– Pre event space – 350 pax cocktail.
– Balcony (oval side) – 100 pax cocktail.
– Boardroom – 18-24 pax.
– Boardroom Balcony – 15 pax cocktail.
– The Executive Suite Room 1 (operable wall in place) – 14 pax boardroom, 30 pax cocktail.
– The Executive Suite Room 2 (operable wall in place) – 8 pax boardroom.
– Executive Suite (whole room) – 32 pax boardroom, 70 cocktail.
– Theatre – 152 pax.
– Theatre Foyer – 152 pax cocktail.
– The Eatery – 60 seated, 100 pax cocktail.
– Eatery Outside (subject to weather) – 100 pax cocktail.
There’s two outdoor areas at The Glasshouse, a Balcony (oval side) to the main space (100 pax cocktail) and the Boardroom Balcony that can hold 15 pax cocktail.
At The Glasshouse there are cloaking facilities and security guards for the duration of your event included in the venue hire fee.
The Glasshouse has state of the art audio visual facilities; however, the equipment and operating of such equipment is done by Harry the Hirer, they are our preferred in-house audio visual supplier. An audio visual technician will be required during your event to manage the in-house equipment. Technician charges are $85.00 per hour, with a minimum 4-hour booking. We encourage you to speak directly with an experienced member of Harry the Hirer team regarding options for lightening or AV solutions for your event. A Magic Maker can help put you in touch with them.
The Glasshouse is an award winning architectural masterpiece with features in every space for all types of events.
The Event Space:
– 2m x 1.5m black stage
– Taupe weave or black weave linen and crisp white napkins
– Electronic seating chart
– Glass votives with tea light candles
– High bar tables and stools
– Existing décor and lounge furniture in foyer
– Private green room with en-suite bathroom
– 1.8m round tables and/or 1.6m x 1.2m rectangular tables
– Table centrepieces with marble basics tray and votive
– Luxurious leather Eames chairs
– A solid oak table
– Inbuilt plasma screen and teleconference equipment
– Comfortable seating with swivel trays
– In-house projector, large screen, surround sound
– Custom built lectern with microphone and control panel
– Overhead microphones may be lowered to allow recording of the session.
The Glasshouse Eatery:
– Sound system and microphone
– High bar tables and stools
– Existing décor
Want to ensure event styling that reflects your vision perfectly? For all boutique hire and creative styling assistance, view The Design Depot.
There’s plenty of room for a dance floor in The Event Space and our helpful Magic Makers can arrange a quote for you. Contact them today to have a chat about your requirements.
The Big Group has four unique venues to choose from; Luminare, The Glasshouse, Ormond Collective and Myer Mural Hall. Each venue has Big Factor features unseen anywhere else. The Glasshouse offers:
– Floor to ceiling glass windows
– Perfecting positioned and standing tall within Olympic Park Precinct
– Views spanning Olympic Park
– The Eatery Cafe
– A deck with park views
– Sophisticated modern interior
The Glasshouse specialises in all sorts of events including private, corporate and weddings. From birthdays to engagements, christenings to bar/bat mitzvahs – our Magic Makers are experts in any type of event.
The Glasshouse Eatery and The Glasshouse have corporate and private catering packages available, although it’s best to get in touch with us to discuss the culinary details. Some of our packages include:
– Plated or shared – starts at $180.00 per person.
– Plated – Inclusive of three canapés on arrival, plated entrée, alternating main, a choice between one plated dessert or three mini roaming desserts and 5 hour beverage package.
– Shared – Inclusive of two canapés on arrival, two shared entrée dishes, three shared main dishes, two side dishes, two mini roaming desserts and 5 hour beverage package.
– 5 hour Cocktail Package* – $155.00 per person, fourteen items per person and 5 hour beverage package.
*2 hour, 3 hour and 4 hour cocktail packages available
There’s a guest entrance into Glasshouse via Olympic Boulevard.
The Eastern Plaza Carpark via entrance D on Olympic Boulevard (which is across the road from Glasshouse) is open for Public Parking. Parking is subject to space available and subject to the fee set by Melbourne & Olympic Parks. This is normally $7.50. We strongly recommend you pre book parking to avoid disappointment.
Alternatively, you may prefer to use the very reasonably priced metered parking on Alexandra Avenue and make the short walk over Swan Street bridge. Please speak to our event managers regarding parking options. Trams from the city and surrounds are walking distance to The Glasshouse.
The Glasshouse is licensed till 1am.